It's a good thing it's WIP Wednesday now and not yesterday!
My sewing room was a mess yesterday, but I was getting sick of it, and needed to muck it out and clean it up! I have so much on my to-do list that a complete room muck-out seems like a waste of time, but I find I work much better in a tidy, well-organized space. I finally finished at 930pm and my entire self went AHHHH. Then Mr Poppleton and I decided it was date night so we watched Silver Linings Playbook* (my suggestion)!
I have been busy this week but my two major finishes are from WEEKS ago, but they only just arrived at their destination, so I am going to put them up for this week!
Shattered Star, blogged here.
And Washi Windows! I must blog about this one properly soon, but it is finally finished, and already in its new home! You can see that it is almost a year in the making!!
I also had a birthday present to make this week. My brother in law is finally home and can be given presents again! (They lived in South America for two years and every card I sent went missing. Imagine my fury!) Last Sunday everyone was over for brunch so I made him spend ten minutes riffling through my stash. I love watching people do this, actually, choosing fabric from my stash! He chose five prints and I decided four of them worked and so I whipped him up a couple of Nesting Bowls, the 4" and the 5" size.
We will drop those off tonight along with some brownies. :)
Works In Progress
I'm still going strong on my Marcelle Medallion Quilt (main page for the Quilt-Along here)! I finished assembling border 2 and now have to attach it!
Ongoing / stalled
- Bee blocks for both AusModBee and IQBS. I feel awful about it - so tonight is the night. I will have those in the post tomorrow, even if I have to take a disco nap and stay up late!!
- Whitney's Swoon Quilt - this is first out of the gates when I get done with my Marcelle Medallion top
- Terrain Challenge - I've decided on the borders but I need to cut them, sew them on, and basically just finish it. It's honestly an afternoon's worth of work; I've just come to dearly loathe this quilt top and I don't have the ambition to finish it!
- O Quilt - I pulled this out yesterday and had a look at it. It'll be a really great quilt once it's finished, I just need to piece the blocks.
- Trade Winds 2 - just need to bat, back, and quilt this one - all ready to go
- Picnic Rug - just need to bat, back, and quilt this one too - all ready to go.
- Pattern writing
- Designing (not going to talk about this much, but I'm full of hope!)
And, the scariest thing... New projects
- The new group quilt for the Sydney Modern Quilt Guild!!
- Next month's bee blocks are for me, so I have to cut the fabric and draw a diagram for everyone
- I really want to do a few of the Molli Sparkles Herringbone Quilt-along blocks!
Okay! That's it for me! How's your week going? Don't forget to link up with Lee!!
*The book was better. There was a lot more to the book. But, I enjoy Jennifer Lawrence in just about anything, and Bradley Cooper has now thoroughly convinced me as an actor that he has chops. :)